What is the Neighbourhood Watch
What is Neighbourhood Watch [abbreviated as" NHW"]?
NHW combats and reduces local crime and disorder. It provides a voluntary communications network banding together individual homes and streets, in cooperation with the Police and other interested organizations.
Neighbourhood Watch is the local community, local and national groups and police working together to:
- Establish a safer environment by reducing violence, crime and fear.
- Build a safer community, whether you live in a rural area or a city neighbourhood.
- Prevent crime that affects you.
- Enhance effective communication.
- Develop community spirit.
- NHW unites neighbours to take voluntary action in order to:
- cut local crime and the opportunities for crime;
- spread ideas for crime-prevention and for keeping homes and belongings safer;
- provide help and reassurance, reducing fear of crime;
- enable householders to get discounts from their insurance companies;
- spread hints and information that can help make homes more secure;
- encourage neighbourliness and closer, watchful communities;
- promote close relations with our Police service.